EWEB environmental policy
Adopted by commissioners on November 4, 1997
EWEB takes responsibility for the environmental consequences of our actions.
We believe that environmental protection and enhancement are sound business practices
that are beneficial to the ecological and economic health of our community, that
support a sustainable future for our world, and that enhance EWEB's success as a
publicly owned utility.
EWEB conducts business in an environmentally sensitive and responsible manner while
providing our customers with safe, reliable, and responsive utility service.
We are committed to innovative, cost-effective approaches to environmental challenges,
to integration of environmental considerations in all aspects of our activities,
and to continual improvement of our efforts to protect and enhance the environment.
The objectives for EWEB's environmental commitment are to:
- Prevent, minimize, or mitigate the environmental impacts of EWEB's products and
- Meet or exceed compliance with the letter and spirit of applicable environmental
statutes, regulations, and standards.
- Actively support our customers with technical and financial assistance to improve
their efficient use of energy and water.
- Strive to provide resources that are renewable, sustainable, and have minimal environmental
impact to meet our customers' needs.
- Safeguard human health in the conduct of our business.
- Focus on pollution prevention throughout EWEB's facilities and operations.
- Recycle and reuse materials to reduce waste generated by EWEB's activities.
Foster stewardship of the McKenzie River watershed resources to ensure sustainable