Coping with outages
Although the Eugene Water & Electric Board's power is very reliable, outages do
occur from time to time. The following tips can help you cope with an outage and
- Check your electrical panel first for tripped breakers or fuses.
- If this isn't the problem, please report your outage by calling EWEB's 24-hour, toll-free outage reporting line at 1-844-484-2300 or
texting to EWEB's Power Outage Texting program.
- If you have electric heat, turn down your thermostats to prevent overloading the
distribution system (and causing another outage) when power is restored.
- Keep refrigerators and freezers closed as much as possible. Food will remain cold
and safe for about four hours in the refrigerator. During prolonged outages, food will stay
frozen about two days in a full freezer and one day in a half-full freezer.
Planned and unforeseen outages can last longer than the estimated time as
circumstances might occur beyond our reasonable control. It is your
responsibility to mitigate your loss of perishable food items.
- Covering a freezer with a blanket slows the thawing process.
- Leave an inside light and a porch light switched on, so you and EWEB repair crews
will know when power has been restored.
- If your power is dim or excessively bright, turn off the power at the breaker box
and call EWEB.
- Make sure your stove or other appliances with heating elements are turned off. This
could create a safety hazard if you are not home when power is restored.
- Listen to local radio stations for updates on when power is expected to be restored.
- Turn off electrical and motorized equipment to reduce the chances of electric overloads when power is restored.
- Consider a back-up power supply in the event of a prolonged outage, especially if your business provides critical services,
such as nursing or medical care, or if you have equipment or manufacturing operations that need to operated on a more continual basis.
EWEB's Energy Management Services specialists can help you make the decision about backup power supplies. Call us at (541) 685-7000.