Temporary water meter services

The Eugene Water & Electric Board has developed a program to temporarily install a meter on a publicly-owned fire hydrant to supply water for construction projects.

Temporary Water Meter Service Application and Agreement

Download, complete and submit the written agreement.

Frequently asked questions

See the following questions and answers for details about selecting a location, the process for installing/relocating/removing a temporary meter, fees and more.

What is a temporary water meter service and what is it used for?

Who is eligible to apply for a temporary water meter service?

How long does it take to obtain a meter and how far in advance of a project can a meter be requested?

What are the fees associated with obtaining a temporary water service?

What is the process to request installation of a temporary water service?

Do I need to be present for the installation of the temporary water meter and backflow preventer?

Do I need to use the backflow preventer at all times?

Can I have an installed meter relocated to a different location/fire hydrant?

How do I cancel the temporary water meter service and have the meter picked up?

What else do I need to know about operating the meter and security?

What if I have additional questions not covered in this document?